Upswing is an online student success service that provides students of our partner colleges 24/7 access to a marketplace of tutors, mentors, and advisors. We are dedicated in our mission to provide students the resources we believe they need to help them attain the degree or certificate they deserve.
We are looking for professional medical billing and coding tutors to help college-level students in their intro-to-advanced level medical coding and billing courses.
Upswing's philosophy stresses the importance of tutoring to help foster learning independence. To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with The Socratic Method and be in love with the aspect of working with students who are developing critical thinking skills. Online sessions take place via Upswing's virtual classroom.
Tutors have the ability to set their own hours. Work via Upswing is based on your availability and demand from students.
You would be a great fit if you
- Subject matter expert or advanced knowledge during attainment of your undergraduate degree, certification program, graduate degree or professional experience in medical billing and coding.
- Received excellent grades in undergrad or graduate school
- Enjoy teaching others and helping people through problems
- Background in teaching methodology, instruction, or tutoring highly preferred
- Are detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Have top-notch verbal and written communication skills
- Feel like a subject matter expert and want to pass on that knowledge
- BONUS! You can support at least one additional subject i.e. algebra, statistics, college writing, biology.
- Create your own schedule and work as often as you would like
- Tutor from anywhere in the world through our platform
- Join a community of amazing coaches looking to make a difference
PLEASE UPLOAD COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS WITH APPLICATION.
This is a remote position that will require tutors to work at any location with reliable access to a computer and Internet.
This position pays between $14-$16/hour.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying