Upswing is a mission-driven company that partners with colleges and universities to improve nontraditional student outcomes. Over 28% of students using Upswing are working while in college, and 43% are Hispanic or Black, and many are first-generation students. Our platform doesn't cost students a thing; the school enlists our help to support their students. We're looking for individuals who care about education and equality of student resources to come join our team!
We're currently partnered with more than 70 colleges throughout the country, where Upswing helps over 700,000 students succeed throughout college. You'll get to work with a team of motivated, intelligent, and fun people at Upswing - all working toward the same mission of student success and retention.
Recently, Upswing was honored by being featured on Fortune's Impact 20 list of young companies "making people's lives better." We’re backed by organizations like Lumina Foundation, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Strada Education, and Stanford University.
About the Role
Upswing is seeking a talented and growth-minded Product leader to head up our product team and initiatives. The Director of Product will report directly to the COO, and help to drive the product strategy and roadmap to accelerate Upswing’s growth. This role will require high levels of collaboration with the tech, sales, marketing, account management, operations, client success, and data teams to ensure business success.
Our team is dedicated to bringing the best resources possible to help schools retain and support students all across the country. A successful Director of Product will be able to drive initiatives that make a larger impact in the education community.
- Leading and mentoring a growing and driven product team, including Product Management, Business Analysis, UX Design, and Product Support
- Development and execution of product vision and roadmap
- Prioritization of projects and collaboration with other team leads to ensure cross-team buy-in
- Interaction with key accounts to develop a deep understanding of the higher education business, our customers, our users, and the market landscape
- Ensure on-time, on-budget, and high quality product delivery
- Financial planning and business case development for existing and new products
- 5+ years of experience working within Product Management at an enterprise Saas company
- 2+ years of team management experience
- Passion for great product experiences - constantly seeking to learn best practices in web and mobile products and apply those to our own products
- Experience using and implementing human-centered design and lean development practices
- Ability to perform quantitative market research and use financial or transactional data to support your plans and recommendations
- Strong understanding of consumer marketing, attribution models, funnel optimization, A/B campaign testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively and develop effective working relationships with all levels of management, staff and communities, including non-technical staff
- Prior experience working in EdTech or higher education
- Remote working experience
Upswing Benefits and Perks
- Salary: $120k - 125k plus options
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k program with company match
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Annual Wellness, WFH, and professional development stipends
- Fully remote organization
- Two in-person kickoff events annually
- Mission-driven, passionate coworkers with an awesome remote team culture
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying