Upswing is a mission-driven company that partners with colleges and universities to improve nontraditional student outcomes. Over 28% of students using Upswing are working while in college, and 43% are Hispanic or Black, and many are first-generation students. Our platform doesn't cost students a thing; the school enlists our help to support their students. We're looking for individuals who care about education and equality of student resources to come join our team!
We're currently partnered with more than 70 colleges throughout the country, where Upswing helps over 700,000 students succeed throughout college. You'll get to work with a team of motivated, intelligent, and fun people at Upswing - all working toward the same mission of student success and retention.
As a mission driven organization, we strive to build a community inside Upswing where we are able to live our values to help our students grow and thrive. Our values represent why we do what we do and how we plan on doing it. We hope to build a team that represents these values so that we can all grow together.
- Celebrate Concrete Roses
- Dare to Fly First
- Choose the Harder Right over the Easier Wrong
About this Role:
The User Growth Specialist will help to implement strategies to engage and enhance nontraditional students’ learning experience across our partner schools by identifying best practices to increase usage of Upswing services. This can include developing communications and growth strategies for Upswing students, identifying engagement strategies with administrators at partner schools, and collaborating with the product team for user research and product development opportunities.
This position will report directly to the Associate Director of Student Engagement. You will work closely with the product, support, marketing, and account management teams to contribute to improving student success and retention in higher education.
- Create student focused and engaging text messages for Ana, the Virtual Text Message Assistant
- Contribute to developing content marketing materials to scale communications for user engagement such as email, landing pages and collateral
- Discover how to capture the essence of student stories for sales and marketing purposes on the platform and with Ana, the text messaging assistant
- Collaborate with marketing to provide engaging student focused content and thought leadership from user engagement learnings
- Collaborate with marketing to create thought leadership from user engagement learnings
- Impact the user journey by identifying ways to push students past bottlenecks and through the engagement funnel by gathering user feedback and contributing ideas for product developments around these learnings.
- Develop creative ideas and identify new strategies that drive growth and scale around content for our text messaging assistant.
- Manage the relationships between admins and contract writer to facilitate the exchange of additional content needs
- Collaborate across teams to project manage the process for onboarding and maintaining new and existing schools for Ana
- Contribute to the implementation of growth marketing best practices on the platform
- Assist in creating new service developments intended to retain non-traditional students
- Apply data-driven strategies like A/B testing, surveying, and engagement analysis to iterate through content and delivery strategies
- Form and validate data-informed hypotheses for accelerating user acquisition, activation and retention.
- Generate insights through content data analysis and user research to identify engagement opportunities
- You have 2+ years of experience managing projects, exhibiting effective collaboration, communication, and on-time delivery
- You have a curiosity about making the sophisticated simple, synthesizing multiple ideas into one clear daring statement or recommendation, and converting insight into opportunity
- You can relate to the non-traditional student experience and can pour that insight into the content and strategies developed
- You show leadership and professionalism throughout your communication and collaboration across team meetings and projects.
- You are able to collaborate and communicate effectively with other departments (such as Product, Tech, Marketing, Revenue, etc).
Upswing Benefits and Perks
- Salary: Starting at $60k (+ DOE)
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k program with company match
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Annual Wellness, WFH, and professional development stipends
- Fully remote organization
- Two in-person kickoff events annually
- Mission-driven, passionate coworkers with an awesome remote team culture
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying