Upswing is a mission-driven company that partners with colleges and universities to improve nontraditional student outcomes. Over 28% of students using Upswing are working while in college, and 43% are Hispanic or Black, and many are first-generation students. Our platform doesn't cost students a thing; the school enlists our help to support their students. We're looking for individuals who care about education and equality of student resources to come join our team!
We're currently partnered with more than 70 colleges throughout the country, where Upswing helps over 700,000 students succeed throughout college. You'll get to work with a team of motivated, intelligent, and fun people at Upswing - all working toward the same mission of student success and retention.
As a mission driven organization, we strive to build a community inside Upswing where we are able to live our values to help our students grow and thrive. Our values represent why we do what we do and how we plan on doing it. We hope to build a team that represents these values so that we can all grow together.
- Celebrate Concrete Roses
- Dare to Fly First
- Choose the Harder Right over the Easier Wrong
The Customer Success team is made of Higher Education Retention Officers, or HEROs, for short. We work with our clients to ensure their success, and their students' success, starting with client onboarding and implementation. As a HERO, you’ll be helping partners get their own students to take advantage of the service. Your job will be much more than just managing a book of business. You’ll serve as a trusted advisor and advocate to our clients with a range of advice extending beyond the tech features of our product to include other approaches to improving student retention.
Not an expert? Not to worry, you'll work closely with our team of specialists to provide the right guidance to schools and their leadership. Your success will be measured on client satisfaction, renewals and consultative upselling of our product.
- Manage an annual book of business ranging from $400-600k, composed of between 20-30 partner institutions
- Cultivate strong relationships with university and college administrators and stakeholders to ensure proper and full utilization of the Upswing products
- Act as a trusted advisor and the single point of contact for partners in to best address their issues, questions, requests, escalations, and concerns
- Proactively address client needs to consultatively recommend and implement upsell opportunities
- Anticipate and negotiate annual renewals while continuously working with clients to assess upsell potential to optimize client output and engagement
- Identify critical opportunities for increased product optimization and engage in a consultative manner with key client stakeholders to ensure customers get full value from their relationship with Upswing and our products
- Teach partners how to be more successful on the full Upswing suite by leveraging related Upswing programs and products through presentations, training, and webinars.
- Travel as needed to provide in-person trainings and touchpoints with accounts
- You have previous experience as an account manager or consultative relationship manager, preferably at a SaaS company, with at least two years of experience managing a book of business with metrics to back up your rockstar status
- You are intellectually curious with the ability to learn on the fly
- You are obsessively organized and sincerely empathetic
- You are a compelling writer who crafts grammatically impeccable emails
- You are proficient in Excel with a general understanding of statistics and data with the ability to use this information to create and present reports
- You are a problem solver that uses critical thinking and product knowledge to locate solutions for your clients
- You are a negotiator skilled at identifying potential upsells and securing contract renewals based on your client's needs
- You have experience working with higher education institutions (highly preferred)
Upswing Benefits and Perks
- Salary: Starting at $60,000
- Total on-track commissions of $25-30k
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k program with company match
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Annual Wellness, WFH, and professional development stipends
- Fully remote organization
- Two in-person kickoff events annually
- Mission-driven, passionate coworkers with an awesome remote team culture
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying