Upswing is a mission-driven company that partners with colleges and universities to improve nontraditional student outcomes. Over 28% of students using Upswing are working while in college, and 43% are Hispanic or Black, and many are first-generation students.
Recently, Upswing was honored by being featured on Fortune's Impact 20 list of young companies "making people's lives better." We’re backed by organizations like Lumina Foundation, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Strada Education, and Stanford University.
Upswing is a growth-stage company with a proven product and market traction that is ready to scale, establish our brand more widely as we go up market, optimize our attribution model to provide a greater number of MQL to our sales team, and firmly establish ourselves as thought leaders in student engagement and retention.
About the Role
Upswing’s Demand Generation Marketing Manager is responsible for developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic, creating sales opportunities and strengthening client relationships by implementing a data-driven marketing strategy. In partnership with the Senior Director of Marketing this person will define and execute the online marketing campaign strategy including, email marketing, online advertising and social media efforts; measure and track key metrics; report on ROI and opportunity creation; and generate insights to support ongoing marketing efforts.
We’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who is excited to drive growth, a thoughtful risk taker focused on developing initiatives that will make a big impact.
- Drive brand awareness, generate inbound traffic and cultivate leads and sales opportunities by developing and implementing a digital marketing strategy
- Develop a website traffic plan to create lead and sales opportunities
- Strengthen and deepen existing client relationships through the strategic use of online communications.
- Facilitate process to build sales pipeline and bring in new opportunities – buyers, influencers and end-users
- Design and execute online marketing campaigns including blog, email marketing, online advertising and social media.
- Optimize website and social media channels for SEO as well as usability
- Generate monthly reports on our marketing campaign performance
- Establish, improve and own the online marketing workflow processes, protocols and tools
- Develop, evaluate and oversee the implementation of A/B testing protocols and procedures
- Support and manage online advertising efforts, partnering with Senior Director of Marketing to increase marketing results
- Communicate with management team about marketing goals and results
- Lead and prioritize online marketing project schedules and ensure deadlines and goals
- Manage and develop contact databases
- Perform related duties as requested
- Experience working with higher education audiences a plus
- 5+ years of experience with online marketing and/or social media management
- Demonstrated success mapping out marketing strategies and driving them to successful results as proven by testing and metrics
- Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why your ideas are analytically sound
- Ability to effectively engage senior executives in a wide variety of electronic formats
- Strong understanding of the lead generation, nurturing and sales process
- Strong data analysis and presentation skills, curiosity and the ability run scientific experiments and draw insights from data
- Experience sourcing and managing content development
- Strong content strategy, writing, editing, storytelling and verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, social media management tools, CRM systems, analytics tools, email marketing platforms and website content management systems
- Ability to successfully plan strategically, organize and prioritize projects, work on multiple tasks simultaneously and to exercise initiative to meet/exceed deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Upswing Benefits and Perks
- Compensation based on experience and fit plus stock options
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k program with company match
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Annual Wellness, WFH, and professional development stipends
- Fully remote organization
- Two in-person working retreats annually
- Mission-driven, passionate coworkers with an awesome remote team culture
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying