Upswing is a mission-driven company that partners with colleges and universities to improve nontraditional student outcomes. Over 28% of students using Upswing are working while in college, and 43% are Hispanic or Black, and many are first-generation students. Our platform doesn't cost students a thing; the school enlists our help to support their students. We're looking for individuals who care about education and equality of student resources to come join our team!
We're currently partnered with more than 70 colleges throughout the country, where Upswing helps over 700,000 students succeed throughout college. You'll get to work with a team of motivated, intelligent, and fun people at Upswing - all working toward the same mission of student success and retention.
As a mission driven organization, we strive to build a community inside Upswing where we are able to live our values to help our students grow and thrive. Our values represent why we do what we do and how we plan on doing it. We hope to build a team that represents these values so that we can all grow together.
- Celebrate Concrete Roses
- Dare to Fly First
- Choose the Harder Right over the Easier Wrong
Upswing is looking to grow and bring on a New Business Sales Representative to cover the Western region of the US. We are looking for a savvy and goal-oriented salesperson who has experience in developing and bringing on new clients within the Higher Education market. The ideal candidate will have over 2 years enterprise sales experience and be comfortable with using CRMs to track their progress.
Day in the Life:
- You use your experience and knowledge of higher education institutions to reach out to and connect with prospective schools within your region.
- To start off, you’ll be traveling about 10-15% of the time for conferences. Once campuses open up more, you are likely to travel between 30-50% of the time depending on scheduling.
- Work with several members of the Upswing team to better understand the industry to ensure we are offering the best information to our prospects.
- You are passionate about leveraging technology to improve student outcomes.
- Communicate with the Director of Sales on pipelines to better strategize growth.
- Connect and work with an awesome team of hardworking, passionate professionals who are looking to better the access to education for all.
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience in enterprise sales (preferably in the higher education space)
- Knowledgeable of higher education budget cycles, grants, and organizational hierarchy
- You have a proven successful prospecting track record
- You have a hunter mentality and are looking for a role where you are able to build your client relationships
- You are able to deliver a clear concise elevator pitch of the services you’re selling
- You're comfortable with making phone calls, leading demos, and meeting with clients in person and virtually.
- You have a self-motivated “can do” attitude that can help us create a foundation of learning in our growing sales organization
- You have excellent relationship building skills with a sustained focus on customer needs throughout the sales process
- You have used different CRMs and are able to keep things organized
- You are familiar with the "predictable revenue" sales model and work well in a team-based setting
Upswing Benefits and Perks
- Salary: Base salary between $80k-95k (DOE)
- Commission: Uncapped
- Flexible start date based on candidate
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k program with company match
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Annual Wellness, WFH, and professional development stipends
- Fully remote organization
- Two in-person kickoff events annually
- Mission-driven, passionate coworkers with an awesome remote team culture
NOTE: We will be reaching out to qualified candidates starting mid October, 2022.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying